Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: SMM or SEO - What should I do?

  1. #1
    Level 3 alanmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cyber Space
    Posts
    392
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 38 Times in 34 Posts

    SMM or SEO - What should I do?

    SMM stands for Social Media Marketing and SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. So promote my client's business website what should I do - SEO or SMM?

  2. #2
    OMF Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Re: SMM or SEO - What should I do?

    What did your client pay or is going to pay you for? To promote his business through social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest etc. Or through SEO Methods, such as getting his site on first page of google, through keyword research, backlinking, etc. Basically Only do what your client is paying you for. If he wants extra, charge him extra.

  3. #3
    OMF Member janiman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 7 Times in 3 Posts

    Re: SMM or SEO - What should I do?

    My experience says that if you are good at SMM, your SEO will be done automatically. If its a business website than you have to do SMM because it can generate more leads than SEO and leads are very important for a business website.

  4. #4
    Level 3 alanmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cyber Space
    Posts
    392
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 38 Times in 34 Posts

    Re: SMM or SEO - What should I do?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Currie View Post
    What did your client pay or is going to pay you for? To promote his business through social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest etc. Or through SEO Methods, such as getting his site on first page of google, through keyword research, backlinking, etc. Basically Only do what your client is paying you for. If he wants extra, charge him extra.
    Basically he told me to make his site on Google's 1st page with 7 keywords. His website is providing proxy service for free. So what I did is:

    1. 50 directory submission
    2. Added his site as forum signature link with anchor texting with those keyword
    3. make 100 fb shares, 100 tweets, 100 google + shares

    But still his site is not ranked with those keywords. Do you have any suggestion regarding my issue? Please share you valuable opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by janiman View Post
    My experience says that if you are good at SMM, your SEO will be done automatically. If its a business website than you have to do SMM because it can generate more leads than SEO and leads are very important for a business website.
    I am not sure it is business website or not. He was selling free proxy service.

  5. #5
    OMF Member rasel123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    841
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked 37 Times in 34 Posts

    Re: SMM or SEO - What should I do?

    In generally if someone want to rank a website then he/she should do SEO for this which contains different link building methods. If someone want to generate leads for his website then he should better do SMM.

    As your client want to rank his site on Google's 1st page with 7 keywords, you should better do SEO and some SMM for this. You should better give more importance to SEO. You can do some relevant forum posting, social bookmarking, blog commenting, link wheel and web 2.0 which will contain high quality content. I hope you will get some result within a short time. This will help you to rank your site on Google's 1st page as well as good leads to your site within a short time. You should keep in mind that you should do all these manually.
    I hope it will help you. waiting for your response.

  6. #6
    Level 3 alanmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cyber Space
    Posts
    392
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 38 Times in 34 Posts

    Re: SMM or SEO - What should I do?

    Quote Originally Posted by rasel123 View Post
    In generally if someone want to rank a website then he/she should do SEO for this which contains different link building methods. If someone want to generate leads for his website then he should better do SMM.

    As your client want to rank his site on Google's 1st page with 7 keywords, you should better do SEO and some SMM for this. You should better give more importance to SEO. You can do some relevant forum posting, social bookmarking, blog commenting, link wheel and web 2.0 which will contain high quality content. I hope you will get some result within a short time. This will help you to rank your site on Google's 1st page as well as good leads to your site within a short time. You should keep in mind that you should do all these manually.
    I hope it will help you. waiting for your response.
    Thanks a lot for sharing very good piece of advice. Well, I have started doing social bookmarking, blog commenting already. But I don't know how to create a link wheel and web 2.0. Is there anything you can do for me so that I could learn how can I apply those SEO method to rank my clients website?

  7. #7
    OMF Member rasel123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    841
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked 37 Times in 34 Posts

    Re: SMM or SEO - What should I do?

    Yes I will help to learn these important white hat SEO methods.

    Web 2.0 is a method to submit your unique content on squidoo.com, wordpress.com, blogger.com etc by creating account in these website. In the submitted article there will be a link to your main site which will help you to get more visitors to your main website. You can do it easily by creating account on these site and submit your keyword optimized article in it having a link back to your main site.

    Link wheel is a linked combination of web 2.0 web sites which basically link to your main website and aim to increase search ranking for given keywords. You should create some web2.0 site having unique content for making a link wheel. I will suggest you to learn it from linkwheeling.com. I hope you will learn details of link wheel from it.

    Please let me know if you need to know anything else.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to rasel123 For This Useful Post:

    alanmark (04-25-2013)

  9. #8
    OMF Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    611
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Re: SMM or SEO - What should I do?

    SMM is a promoting methodology that uses web based life destinations to assemble traffic. With respect to producing great traffic SEO take more exertion and very tedious also while SMM creates traffic effectively and quicker. In SEO, for producing traffic or to rank your page on SERP, it going to take additional time when contrasted with SMM.

    Moving and storage Dubai |
    packing and moving company in dubai | *
    movers and packers in dubai |
    local movers in dubai |
    ENT Consultant in Lahore |
    ENT Surgeon in Lahore |
    ENT surgeon In Hameed Latif Hospital |
    Cosmetic Surgeon In National Hospital |
    Facial Plastic Surgeon in Lahore |
    Moving companies dubai |
    International movers Dubai |
    Dubai movers
    |

    Movers in Dubai |
    Best movers Dubai |
    best movers in dubai |

  10. #9
    OMF Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    445
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: SMM or SEO - What should I do?

    SMM should not be directly confused with social media optimization (SMO), which like SEO utilizes specific techniques, methods, and key terms to promote web traffic and awareness. Whereas SEO works through search engines, SMO works through social media


    Automatic driving lessons |Automatic driving lessons Solihull |Driving schools Birmingham |Automatic Driving Lessons Walsall |Birmingham driving lesson |Driving lessons in Birmingham |Automatic driving lessons West Bromwich |Automatic Driving Lessons Walsall|Driving schools Birmingham | Automatic Driving Lessons

  11. #10
    OMF Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    207
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: SMM or SEO - What should I do?



    In my view, for promoting a website, SEO (serach engine optimization) is best to do. It gives results slowly but good to use for promoting the services and products of the website.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •