Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: How to do outsourcing???

  1. #1
    OMF Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    How to do outsourcing???

    We are logistics, Warehouse and Distribution ... please help me about:

    How to do outsourcing to our job ? How Much benefit and efficiency? Please six sigma method

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Respected Member ADMIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    702
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 44 Times in 36 Posts
    You can outsource your cold calling, customer service, accounting.
    Outsourcing is affordable and guarantee to save you money.

    You should look into 123employee there a good company to do business with.

  3. #3
    Level 3 bestbook123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    176
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 35 Times in 31 Posts
    Yes out sourcing in many parts of your business can save money. but there are other parts of business that you can do better by hiring your own people.

  4. #4
    Level 3 alanmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cyber Space
    Posts
    392
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 35 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    You can outsource your cold calling, customer service, accounting.
    Outsourcing is affordable and guarantee to save you money.

    You should look into 123employee there a good company to do business with.
    Yeah, thats try but we should not outsource accounting cause they are confidential isn't it. Other than accounting, payment handling you can outsource other works.

    123employee.com is good outsourcing site but from their you can only get people from Philippines. You can use oDesk to get people everywhere around the world with granteed work.

  5. #5
    OMF Member rasel123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    841
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked 31 Times in 29 Posts

    Re: How to do outsourcing???

    I am now sharing some basic tips for helping a company move into or increase existing outsourcing activity by following these tips. These are:

    1. Need to get administration involved early on in the assessment process.
    2. Need to do your research and make a plan.
    3. Need to review all of the organization’s methods to select applicants for outsourcing.
    4. Need to establish sets of actions to observe improvement.
    5. Need to start small.
    6. Need to set authentic goals.

  6. #6
    OMF Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Re: How to do outsourcing???

    What tasks are you trying to outsource? Data Entry, Cold Calling, Telemarketing, Customer Support, etc? I would suggest looking on Odesk. I have had pretty good luck finding capable contractors to perform tasks I needed to be done. Just a word of advice: When you hire a contractor make sure you give them a "test run" to make sure that they are capable of performing the task given to them, and give clear and concise directions. If you see that they are having problems early on, then terminate them and find another one.

  7. #7
    Level 3 alanmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cyber Space
    Posts
    392
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 35 Times in 32 Posts

    Re: How to do outsourcing???

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Currie View Post
    What tasks are you trying to outsource? Data Entry, Cold Calling, Telemarketing, Customer Support, etc? I would suggest looking on Odesk. I have had pretty good luck finding capable contractors to perform tasks I needed to be done. Just a word of advice: When you hire a contractor make sure you give them a "test run" to make sure that they are capable of performing the task given to them, and give clear and concise directions. If you see that they are having problems early on, then terminate them and find another one.
    Hey Mike, thanks for agreeing with me. I have also suggest to outsource through oDesk. Only "test run" will not be enough to judge a contractor. End of every week oDesk submits employer a report which is generated from oDesk time tracker. From these report you have to judge the weekly performance of the contractor you have hired.

    In a very short words, oDesk is very good tool to outsource your task worldwide. Beside oDesk you can also give a try to use rescuetime. I have heard that its time tracking is much more realistic than oDesk's time tracker. Now choice is yours............

  8. #8
    Level 3 bestbook123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    176
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 35 Times in 31 Posts

    Re: How to do outsourcing???

    I am going to have to check out this rescuetime as this is a new one on me. I like checking out new sites and learning what is new out there. I learn so much new stuff everyday and for get probably as much but it nice to know there is all this new stuff out there. It also makes new ways of doing business better.

  9. #9
    OMF Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Surfcity City CA USA
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: How to do outsourcing???

    How to do outsourcing.

    Essentially the term outsourcing is work performed outside the perimeters of the operational organization. Anybody regardless of location can perform the outsource functions of your company.

    Since you are operating a warehouse activity - I can safely say that 90% of your load can be done thru outsourcing.

    A warehouse activity would normally have the receiving, shipping and warehousing functions. Your shipping can be safely outsource to UPS, DHL, etc. The receiving can be performed by security personnel to accept delivery. An outsourced group can take the physical products warehouse them into their property bins create tally sheets that is given to the virtual secretary located anywhere who updates your master locator records.

    How do I know this?

    I was the senior logistician of the 2nd Logistical Command, US Army, who supported the Army, Marines, Air force and Navy in Vietnam using the SAILS system that I helped design.

  10. #10
    OMF Member rasel123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    841
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked 31 Times in 29 Posts

    Re: How to do outsourcing???



    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Arboleda View Post
    A warehouse activity would normally have the receiving, shipping and warehousing functions. Your shipping can be safely outsource to UPS, DHL, etc. The receiving can be performed by security personnel to accept delivery. An outsourced group can take the physical products warehouse them into their property bins create tally sheets that is given to the virtual secretary located anywhere who updates your master locator records.
    Hi Tony, Thanks a lot for your informative response. What kind of company do you like for finding your virtual secretary? I think there are many company as like oDesk, Elance etc to find out the best person for your project. Which one do you use for your purpose? Please share your experiences.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •